Followers

Sunday 2 January 2011

Bargainous

I was fortunate enough to receive £100 for Christmas which I used to buy a coat. Yes, every single penny, and then some. It was, however, a marvellous bargain - reduced from £450 to £116. However, I was daft enough to believe that an online shop would actually send you what you ordered. I ordered a size 18, and when it arrived, I nearly cried, yes it was a lovely coat, and no doubt would have lasted me for years. In fact it would probably have lasted forever because I couldn't even get my arms in it. I did panic slightly thinking I'd put on far more weight over Christmas than I could have ever believed possible. Until I looked at the label on the coat - it was a size 10. The packaging and the receipt stated size 18, so I breathed a huge sigh of relief, but was a little bit miffed, that this marvellous coat, was not so marvellous after all.

So I went to the shop from which I ordered it, and replaced it. And I came out with about 20 items in it's place. Yes, one was a coat------->

But in addition to the coat I came out with 2 pairs of trousers, 2 dresses, 1 top, 2 pairs of thick tights and various other items that will be used to make presents/card throughout the year, and others that will be gifted. I paid an additional £8.93, so I consider this a marvellous result.

The theme for Christmas 2011 could be stationery.
I think tomorrow's post could be about the technicalities of blogging because there is lots I want to do, but I don't know how to do it. But the girl will learn..........




1 comment:

  1. I have had money and vouchers for Christmas and birthday but have yet found the courage to go out and buy something....you have done really well young lady!!!! Very Frugalicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Some stuff about the stuff in the blog

Hello

Very new at this blogging lark, so forgive me if I get a bit befuddled. User name is derived from my maiden name of George and the fact that by the time the Olympics are held in the UK in 2012, I will look as if I could compete. And not as a sumo wrestler.

For starters there is only one blog with contain my thoughts, but this might evolve into 3 or 4 when I work out what I'm doing.

In the main it will cover my slimming journey, my quilting exploits, my get fit and stay fit campaign, and my photography. Not forgetting my recent TrollBead obsession.

Should I ever get a lovelife you might get glimpses of that as well.