Followers

Monday 22 August 2011

Good morning world

I should really be in the shower, or eating breakfast and getting ready for work, but I'm not.  Instead I'm sitting on the sofa with a cup of tea and easing into the working week.

So whilst I'm sat sitting, I will show you the card I made yesterday.  A colleague asked me to make a card for her husband's 65th birthday.  She is taking him away for his birthday and hiring a Morgan sports car for the day.  So she wanted a card with a car on it.   But she's also dotty about butterflies so said he would expect any card from her to have butterflies on.

So my commision was - a male 65th birthday card with a butterfly and car on .

And this is the result



hopefully it will be acceptable.    The car is drawn by Sylvie Ashton and I got it from Stitchy Bear Designs.   I will put the links in later.    Sylvie has a blog called Creative Mind of Sylvie and she is generous enough to give many of her designs away, sometimes for a limited time before they go on sale.   - The car was coloured with the wonderful new letraset flexmarkers and the butterfly is form an old Kanban kit.

I would like to enter this card in the MSE Moving Challenge.

Later folks
x

4 comments:

  1. Very clever combination I especially like the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card, what a brief to work to - cars and butterflies, lol but you've done a fab job x

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic card - oddly random combination of things to work with - thanks for joining my MSE challenge
    Debbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Your card looks amazing.. I love the colours. Thanks for using one of my digis. Big Hug
    Sylvie

    ReplyDelete

Some stuff about the stuff in the blog

Hello

Very new at this blogging lark, so forgive me if I get a bit befuddled. User name is derived from my maiden name of George and the fact that by the time the Olympics are held in the UK in 2012, I will look as if I could compete. And not as a sumo wrestler.

For starters there is only one blog with contain my thoughts, but this might evolve into 3 or 4 when I work out what I'm doing.

In the main it will cover my slimming journey, my quilting exploits, my get fit and stay fit campaign, and my photography. Not forgetting my recent TrollBead obsession.

Should I ever get a lovelife you might get glimpses of that as well.