Followers

Friday 31 December 2010

Review of the year.....

or maybe not.

It's enough for me to remember what I did during the day I'm in, so you've got no chance of me remembering a whole year. But this time next year I'll know exactly what I've done. As part of my frugal lifestyle I have made myself a diary by putting lots of A4 paper in a ring binder and separated them by a print out of a monthly calendar in a polypocket.

If I was as crafty as I like to think I am, it would be all pretty and appliqued, and decoupaged, and stamped and even bound with a spiral. It might even have a ribbon on and a stamped image, possibly coloured in as well.

But unfortunately this is not the case, and instead it's very plain and boring.
My first task in this "diary" will be to make a list of all the food in the house, and then plan some meals. I will also list all the money I spend and what I spend it on. If I've saved money by buying stuff on offer then that will go in my book too.

When I make money, which I'm sure I will, just havent' quite figured out how yet, guess where that's going - yes, in my book.



I do have lots and lots of crafty stuff, and my latest plan is to make cards for selling - I currently have about 450 card blanks (not yet advanced enough to fold a piece of card in half). I have 65 or so ProMarkers (got doublers of powder blue an

d leaf green) and both yesterday and today I came home to parcels from some rather wicked online sales shopping. I am particularly taken with the Kanban patchwork pals stamps and papers that arrived from QVC








What's with all this empty space at the bottom - anybody would think I couldn't do blog formatting.

So I'll fill it with

HAPPY NEW YEAR - Pick 2011 up by the scruff of it's neck, turn it upsidedown and shake it till all the change falls out of it's pockets. Then pick it all up and put it in your sealed tin to spend at Christmas time.

2 comments:

  1. You Go Girl and I will be on the same journey with you!!!! FRUGAL will be the word of the year...unless you are a member of the coalition who are mostly millionaires...but I'm sure we can bring some fun and excitement alon the way...So to you I wish a blessed 2011!!! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. Very MSE. I think I need to do something similar. Love the monthly calendar bits.

    ReplyDelete

Some stuff about the stuff in the blog

Hello

Very new at this blogging lark, so forgive me if I get a bit befuddled. User name is derived from my maiden name of George and the fact that by the time the Olympics are held in the UK in 2012, I will look as if I could compete. And not as a sumo wrestler.

For starters there is only one blog with contain my thoughts, but this might evolve into 3 or 4 when I work out what I'm doing.

In the main it will cover my slimming journey, my quilting exploits, my get fit and stay fit campaign, and my photography. Not forgetting my recent TrollBead obsession.

Should I ever get a lovelife you might get glimpses of that as well.