So I went all nautical, with limited success it has to be said. After a few experimental runs with a brayer on some ordinary copier paper I thought it time to take it onto the silk art card. that bit was ok. But then it came to the stamping. That wasn't too bad. But the little bit of colouring with promarkers was not good at all. It seems to go ok when she does it on the TV, but then she does it direct onto the card, not once it's been brayered - at least not that I noticed. So perhaps that needs a bit more experimentation.
But now for the specimen
Then finally I ran the brayer over the stamp, and as it has a repeating pattern , if you line it up properly will look seamless. You can see my seam, but if I make it into a card, I'm sure I can find a bit of ribbon somewhere.
I do have plans for at least one of these specimens that involves a mermaid, might not get it done today, but when it's done, it shall be shared.
And here is the link to Sylvie's cards - just so you can see the full potential of her stamps
Oh and I've invested in an Extreme knitting cushion kit.