Followers

Sunday 6 March 2011

Far too much stuff ...

in the dining room.   I was trying to have a bit of a tidy and came to the conclusion that I really don't need to buy any more quilting stuff before the next century.   Other, perhaps, that a bit of thread.  I think I have 4 full size quilts already layered up ready to quilt, half a dozen wall hangings, and a couple of cushion sized things.   Plus I have about 5 tops to finish.  I will try take some photos tomorrow.

So, as I'm sure you can understand, feeling I've done finished something is not a feeling I'm used to.   Nevertheless there are a couple of things I've done - yes - cards.

I now have the My Craft Studio 4CD/DVD encylopaedia of card and  papercraft templates, so using a teapot template I made a mother's day easel card - it hasn't turned out quite as elegantly as I would like, but as a first attempt at cutting out a teapot and teacup I'm fairly pleased with it. 

Also using this CD I've made a little plantpot holder.  Now, there is a reason for this - the girl I sit next to, and the lad I sit opposite were taste testing chillies last week, culminating in tears rolling down cheeks at the hotness.  I am too much of a wimp to take part in such a taste test, but as a result of the taste test, they decided that they should try and grow their own on the office windowsill, and invited me to take part.  So I thought, that in order to differentiate between pots, we should have our own holders.  So given that I don't know what size pots we will have this is a tester pot.

Finally - for now, using the the "little bit of folk" cd, i've made some russian dolls.  They are quite small, so I am thinking of adding them to a card, but haven't yet decided how to do it, but I imagine they will make another appearance in a future blog.

Either later tonight, or tomorrow I hope to make my friend's 50th birthday card.  And given that her birthday is tomorrow, I had best get a move on.

I would like to enter the top card in the MSE Mother's Day card challenge

Later folks

xxx

3 comments:

  1. lovely cards, the russian doll one is fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Russian dolls!!! and the Mother's day card is divine!! Well done you!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, love the little pot. Thanks for joining the mse challenge

    ReplyDelete

Some stuff about the stuff in the blog

Hello

Very new at this blogging lark, so forgive me if I get a bit befuddled. User name is derived from my maiden name of George and the fact that by the time the Olympics are held in the UK in 2012, I will look as if I could compete. And not as a sumo wrestler.

For starters there is only one blog with contain my thoughts, but this might evolve into 3 or 4 when I work out what I'm doing.

In the main it will cover my slimming journey, my quilting exploits, my get fit and stay fit campaign, and my photography. Not forgetting my recent TrollBead obsession.

Should I ever get a lovelife you might get glimpses of that as well.