Followers

Monday 7 March 2011

50th birthday

It's been a very strange day - last night I didn't get to sleep until at least 3.30, was up again by 9.00 am and am well in to at least my 3rd wind of the day - I haven't had a sleep and am strangely very wide awake again, but will shortly force myself to go to bed.  I have been quite busy today, so maybe that's why - I shouldn't slob around all day - if I do stuff, I get so much more done.  Funny that eh?

It's my friend's 50th birthday today and although I did finish her card yesterday, and I have sent it to her via picture text message.   She hasn't actually said whether she received it or, indeed her happy birthday text.  I have sent her wishes via facebook but didn't want to put the card on there until she's had it in person, which she won't do until Friday.

But I wanted to share, so, cyberchums I will share it with you.   It is another easel card which I rather like, but am still not convinced I have the card the right way round.  I was watching Create and Craft today and they had it a different way round.  But then as they said "there are no rules"


Apart from the verse which I found somewhere on the internet and adapted slightly it's all MCS Fab Glam Fifties.

That's all for now folks
xxx

8 comments:

  1. Lovely card - I'm sure your friend is going to love it. Also, Happy Birthday to you - have a fab day. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I like this card, the image is great and love the style of card. Bet your friend will love it.

    Happy Birthday to you too! Have a great day xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card and happy birthday to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, your friend is sure to love it. Hope you are having a very Happy Birthday. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card - the colours are very rich. Your friend will love it I'm sure.

    Birthday wishes for you too, hope you've had a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card as usual!!! I think I know who its for and she will love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card - love the 50s feel. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, I love those tilted easel cards

    ReplyDelete

Some stuff about the stuff in the blog

Hello

Very new at this blogging lark, so forgive me if I get a bit befuddled. User name is derived from my maiden name of George and the fact that by the time the Olympics are held in the UK in 2012, I will look as if I could compete. And not as a sumo wrestler.

For starters there is only one blog with contain my thoughts, but this might evolve into 3 or 4 when I work out what I'm doing.

In the main it will cover my slimming journey, my quilting exploits, my get fit and stay fit campaign, and my photography. Not forgetting my recent TrollBead obsession.

Should I ever get a lovelife you might get glimpses of that as well.