Followers

Wednesday 8 February 2012

Another attempt at crochet

evening folks
One of my work pals goes to a craft group on a Tuesday evening and every so often she will show me what she's been up to.  They are currently crocheting.   My pal is even more of a learner at crochet than me, so when she asked for my help in doing a circle I tried my best, but have to admit I wasn't much use.   The lunch that we discussed crochet over was nice though.

Apparently her crochet mentor had thought that she would be best off trying a circle as she didn'st seem to be able to get her head round working crochet in rows.  And to encourage her she told her about a rather fabulous blog, which was new to me but apparently very well renowned in crochet blogging circles.  And I can see why.  It's called Attic24 and written by a Mum called Lucy.  Not only does she produce inspiring work, she is a very good blogger as well.   The project my pal is working on is called "Birdie Decoration" and I think it's absolutely adorable.

The same day as our lunch I thought I'd give a circle a go.  Never done one, but how hard could it be?????   Well.  I have to admit that it wasn't as easy as it looked, but I'm a knitter not a crocheter.  I can make up a dishcloth by doing some sort of design that may or may not be an official crochet stitch but ended up kinda square.  But following a pattern when I don't know what the stitches are is a different thing altogether.

Anyway, I did a circle (albeit not completely circular) and left it at that, thinking I'd help my pal out the next time I saw her.  Unfortunately, my cold developed into acute sinusitis, and have not yet returned to work.   And then she asked me if I wanted to go to her Crafty group, just to get me out of the house for an hour or so.  So I went.  And I took my spectacular circular effort.

And she made me finish it -  so here is the finished birdie.  not as great as Lucy's but her's is rather marvellous.

Methinks I need a bit more practise. 

To aid me in this endeavour I have ordered myself some crochet hooks (bog standard ordinary ones).  And whilst I was at it I ordered myself some sock needles (Symfonie ones at that)

Later folks
xxx


1 comment:

  1. How sweet, well done for finishing it and good luck with your next project xx

    ReplyDelete

Some stuff about the stuff in the blog

Hello

Very new at this blogging lark, so forgive me if I get a bit befuddled. User name is derived from my maiden name of George and the fact that by the time the Olympics are held in the UK in 2012, I will look as if I could compete. And not as a sumo wrestler.

For starters there is only one blog with contain my thoughts, but this might evolve into 3 or 4 when I work out what I'm doing.

In the main it will cover my slimming journey, my quilting exploits, my get fit and stay fit campaign, and my photography. Not forgetting my recent TrollBead obsession.

Should I ever get a lovelife you might get glimpses of that as well.