Followers

Tuesday 8 February 2011

Another early night

Last night's early night didn't turn out quite the way I hoped.  In fact it was 12.30 when I turned my light out.  I did put some of that time to good us and finished the card (commissioned I'll have you know) for a colleague's dad's birthday.
Another trial with a new technique resulted in a twisted easel card.

I invested in one of those glue pens that you can put on with a fine line that is blue when you put it on and clear when dry.  I think it's from the Zig range.  I want to try the fine outline of glitter next.

oh - it's a MCS Narrow boat download and it could be a tattered lace background

Bedtime now
xxx

7 comments:

  1. Great card Georgie - lovely clean lines. I was an hour later than you last night, still haven't finished the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card for a boat lover x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Georgie, well done on getting a commission.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, I'm sure it will be just right!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mens cards can be difficult but this one is perfect. I bet the man in question likes it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card Georgie. I love the narrow boat. Clever idea doing the twisted easel too. Congrats on your commission !!! Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete

Some stuff about the stuff in the blog

Hello

Very new at this blogging lark, so forgive me if I get a bit befuddled. User name is derived from my maiden name of George and the fact that by the time the Olympics are held in the UK in 2012, I will look as if I could compete. And not as a sumo wrestler.

For starters there is only one blog with contain my thoughts, but this might evolve into 3 or 4 when I work out what I'm doing.

In the main it will cover my slimming journey, my quilting exploits, my get fit and stay fit campaign, and my photography. Not forgetting my recent TrollBead obsession.

Should I ever get a lovelife you might get glimpses of that as well.